Audio-visual methodology is aimed at supporting and empowering people involved in the field of agriculture to define, promote, and take full ownership of their own development, as learning is a life-long process.
Skills development is a key driver of socio-economic development. Mainstreaming of agricultural development efforts is crucial to ensure congruence and effective deployment of resources.
Financial management is essential to enable a farmer to study optimal functions. We work in a rapidly changing environment and it requires a lot of input, especially from the production side. A farmer faces day-to-day challenges and in the changing environment, his focus is greatly diversified.
Who Should Enrol
All people involved in the field of agriculture.
A way to bolster agricultural production is to develop practical agricultural education systems. A powerful way of doing this is through the use of audio-visual modules which is a highly effective and tested methodology to approach, examine, and impart knowledge.
This is a comprehensive series of modules that follow a step-by-step process and can be used in group training or self-study – and are structured according to visual training guidelines. This implies defining most of the terminology used and where necessary, supporting the visual storyline with graphics and animation to enhance the learning process and ensure that sustainable knowledge is gained in the learning process.
These modules are designed to do precisely what they are meant to do – and that is to support skills development. Online Video Series Supporting Agri Skills Development and Best Farming Practices.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Functions of financial management
- Business Enterprises
- Elements of Financial Management
- Statements of Cash Flows – Elements
- Statement of Cash flows – Inflows and outflows
- Cash Flow Budgeting
- Statement of profit and loss and other comprehensive income 1
- Statement of profit and loss and other comprehensive income 2
- Introduction to the Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of financial position
- Statement of financial position – Components
Why is financial management important?
Financial management is not only the link between the various components of a farm but an instrument that enables the farmer to not only manage his business profitably but also keep the risks as low as possible.
On completion of this video series, candidates will be able to have a better understanding of the main functions of financial management including the following:
- Analysis and planning
- Are you using your assets optimally?
- Understand the cost elements
- The importance of a cash flow statement and cash flow budget
- The financing decision
- Income statements
- Balance sheet